
One more day in Delaware!
We'll be leaving for Sunbury, PA tomorrow (to visit the Sowers' before heading out West), and I would be fooling myself if I didn't admit I have some apprehension about this trip. I mean, honestly, who, other than college students and fanatical-band-following hippies, goes on a pleasure excursion for a month? We have finally settled into our house enough that it needs only a few more updates here-and-there. We live near the BEACH, for goodness sake, "America's summer playground!" On top of that, I'm a bit of a control freak and like knowing the end result of my endeavors. And I'm a person who likes to RELAX. So, in essence, it seems a little kooky to take off into the wilderness for four weeks.
But last night, we watched this great independent film, 10 mph, about two guys who quit their corporate jobs and decide to ride Segways across the U.S. While I have no desire to ride a Segway in any circumstance, really, the film made me contemplate the unpredictable elements of any trip: the quirky people you meet, the mistakes which lead to memories, the moments of clarity. The guys from 10 mph discover multiple life lessons on their journey, and that's the sort of unpredictability I can deal with and look forward to experiencing! Check out the film; it's definitely worthwhile.
And so, we're off! I've tried to beef up our lil' blog with some neat features. The map at the top is clickable and zoomable. (Zoomable?) The stops are all of our planned areas to visit. Once we get to Salt Lake City, we'll be haulin' booty to get home, hence the lack of stops to speak of. If you haven't scrolled to the bottom of the page, check out "The Soundtrack," which is not only a small collection of songs which embody the essence of road-trippin', but sort-of our philosophy about life in general. And before this blog becomes too much of a high-school journal entry, I say, Adieu.
Thanks for keepin' tabs on us! We'll see ya from Chicago!
No comments:
Post a Comment