Sunday, June 14, 2009

ONE WEEK 'TIL TAKE-OFF! a post by G



It's Sunday. One week until we're on our way to Chicago, the first stop on this hopefully slightly-wild excursion. There is so much to do! We've decided to clean our home spotless so there are no concerns while we are gone. Plus, we have a lot of packing to do later in the week, we've got to buy food for the road, get a tune-up on our vehicle, and mentally relax (perhaps the toughest task of all, eh?). I don't anticipate this trip being a brain-buster, but I do foresee some inevitable conflicts. So, I'm instituting a challenge. Take a stab at the questions below. Leave your answers in the comments. Whomever is closest to the final total (tallied when we get home) wins a handpicked souvenir from our trip. (I promise it will be something fabulous.)

Thanks for journeying with us! :)


J & G's CROSS-COUNTRY CHALLENGE

What's the number of times we'll...

1. Get lost? (Hint: we have an atlas, maps and possibly GPS for use in cities.)
2. Argue to the point of not speaking to each other?
3. Breakdown mentally and eat fast food (meaning: McDonald's, Burger King, etc.)?
4. Order a meal that includes meat?
5. Flip someone off or yell at someone while driving?
6. Spot an elusive type of wildlife (bear, owl, wolf, etc.)?

7. How many times will G cry on this trip? (out of sadness, fear, happiness or otherwise?)
8. Name the number of people we'll see on this trip whom we already know. (Famous person? Former student? Former classmate?)
9. What's the longest total hours we'll drive in one day?
10. Approximately how much will we spend on souvenirs? (Round to the nearest whole dollar. Hint: gas prices are rising and our salaries might be cut. But, ya only live once!)

Tie-breaker: How many digital photos will we take on this trip?

3 comments:

Soyager said...

I'm not officially playing, but I thought I'd throw my total number out there: 221. I'll leave the tie-breaker up to you :)
-GLS

Unknown said...

Evan's Total: 235.5
Tie Breaker not included.
Top scores include #5 (flip someone off or yell at someone while driving...) and #7 (how many times will G cry on this trip...)
:D

Have fun you two!!!

Anonymous said...

Im gonna go with 314. I think gas, longest hours in a day, and the amount you spend on souveniers will be a bit more than you expect. Everything in life always takes longer and costs more than you expect!

That being said, I hope you let your hair down and eat something you normally wouldnt. Live it up and have fun!